At Diamond Dental we are aligned with:
Should you already be a member of any of the above health insurance funds you will find your rebates are great. In most cases there is little to no gap required. AHM, NIB and most other health funds will give the same rebates regardless of which dentist you see. We offer HICAPS on site for all health fund claiming and will happily claim your rebate directly from your health fund on your behalf.
We are NOT a preferred provider for BUPA or Medibank Private.
However, we can still make general claims for these funds using our on-site HICAPS machine. You will be required to pay a gap payment on the day. The quality of the treatment you receive at these ‘preferred provider practices’ is subject to compromise as these practices must scale down the above mentioned costs in a bid to maintain their relationships with their governing health funds.
What about my health fund? An explanation of dental fees…
Whenever you think of having your health insurance cater for your dental costs, consider the following:
- The level of rebates paid is determined by each health fund and this hinges on that fund’s commercial requirements.
- In addition to offering rebates for their clientele, some health funds are designed in such a way as to reap profits for their shareholders.
- Often the case, the rebates rendered on dental fees are unlikely to cover any more than 60 percent for common dental issues, with this cover sometimes offsetting just less than half the cost of more complex and costly procedures.
- Some health funds direct their preferred providers to certain (more cost effective) procedures, thereby reducing your choice of treatment for your real dental needs.
- The federal government does not subsidise dental fees like it does Medicare for adults. There is a subsidy available for some children, however you must speak to Medicare to find out if your child is eligible.